President -- The principal duties of this office are listed below.
1. Ensure that the Constitution and By-Laws of FCB are complied with.
2. Conduct the business meetings in an efficient and orderly manner.
3. Call meetings to order at the appointed time.
4. Announce the business of the assembly (agenda).
5. State and put to vote, all questions which legitimately come before the assembly in the form of motions and to announce the results.
6. Protect the assembly from obviously frivolous or dilatory motions by refusing to recognize them.
7. Enforce the rules relating to debate.
8. Expedite business while protecting the rights of members.
9. Decide all questions of order, unless, when in doubt to submit the question to the assembly for decision.
10. Respond to inquiries of members relating to parliamentary procedures.
11. To authenticate by signature when necessary all acts, orders and proceedings of the assembly.
First Vice-President -- The principal duties of this office are as follows:
1. In the absence of the President, the First Vice-President shall preside in his/her stead.
2. In the event of the resignation, incapacity, or death of the President, the First Vice-President shall automatically become President for the unexpired term.
3. At the discretion of the President, the First Vice-President shall coordinate programs.
Second Vice-President -- The principal duties of this office are as follows:
1. In the event of the resignation, incapacity, or death of the First Vice-President, the Second Vice-President shall automatically become First Vice-President for the unexpired term.
If such occurs a new Second Vice-President shall be appointed for the unexpired term.
2. At the discretion of the President, the Second Vice-President shall serve on the Finance Committee.
Secretary -- The duties and responsibilities of this office are as follows:
1. Maintain a record of all the proceedings of the organization (minutes).
2. Keep all committee reports on file.
3. Maintain records in which By-Laws, special rules of order, standing rolls, and minutes are entered with any amendments to these documents properly recorded and have current records on hand at every meeting.
4. Conduct the general correspondence of the organization.
5. Send a copy of the Board minutes to every Board member within sixty (60) days after the meeting.
6. In the absence of the President and Vice-Presidents, call the meeting to order and preside.
Membership Secretary -- The duties and responsibilities of this office are as follows:
1. Keep the organization's official membership roster and call the roll when required.
2. Collect all chapter membership assessments and furnish, within proper time frame, to the FCB Treasurer.
3. Ensure that chapter delegates to the state convention have proper credentials.
4. Maintain the official membership roster and furnish in proper time frame to the American Council of the Blind.
Treasurer -- The duties and responsibilities of this office are as follows:
1. Entrust with custody of the organization's funds.
2. Submit all required forms to the state and federal government as required by regulations.
3. Supply the required forms to the chapters for similar submission.
4. Comply with the By-Laws and have the financial reports audited each fiscal year. The fiscal year for FCB is July 1st and the audit should be completed no later than September 30th of any year.